I handle a fair amount of DWLR cases in Wake County and often my clients don't know why their license was revoked in the first place. This is a list of reasons why one's driving privilege may have been revoked in North Carolina.
1. DWI (Driving While Intoxicated)
2. Driving After Consuming alcohol under 21 years of age
3. Speeding 15 mph over the speed limit if the limit is 55
4. Second charge of speeding 15 mph over the limit in 60 days
5. Speeding and reckless driving on the same date
6. Two convictions of speeding over 55 in one year
7. Conviction of Speeding and Reckless driving within 1 year
8. Willful spontaneous racing with another motor vehicle
9. Driving after Judge ordered non-operation of motor vehicle as part of suspended sentence.
10. Speeding over 75 mph in 55-65 mph zone
11. Manslaughter by motor vehicle
12. Misd. Death by MOTOR VEHICLE
13. Manslaughter while under influence of impairing substance
14. Assault by MOTOR VEHICLE
15. Speeding over 15 mph and attempt to avoid arrest
16. Willful prearranged racing of MOTOR VEHICLE
17. Watching/Betting/Loaning a car for prearranged racing
18. Two reckless driving charges within 1 year
19. Failure to Pay Child Support
20. Revocation/Refusal of Probation for Felony
21. Conviction of any moving violation which is charged while license revoked
22. Any subsequent conviction of DWLR
23. Failure to appear in court (FTA) on any traffic citation
24. Failure to pay fines/cost for any traffic citation
25. License revocation for any reason in any other state.
26. 12 DMV driving license points within 3 years
27. Dropping out of high school under 18 years of age
28. Refusal to submit to blood/breath test
29. Being Charged with DWI
30. Conviction of Impaired Instruction
31. Aid and Abet DWI
32. Aid and Abet DWLR
33. Involvement in MOTOR VEHICLE accident with no vehicle insurance
34. Two traffic citations within one year for provisional licensee
35. Violation of any terms/conditions of limited privilege
36. Registering any amount of alcohol in vehicle equipped with interlock device
37. CDL: Leave scene of accident with CMOTOR VEHICLE
38. CDL: Use CMOTOR VEHICLE to commit felony
39. CDL: Use CMOTOR VEHICLE with Haz. Materials to commit crime
40. CDL: Use CMOTOR VEHICLE involving controlled sub.
41. CDL: 2 Serious traffic violations w/in 3 years involving CMOTOR VEHICLE
42. CDL: 3 Serious traffic violations w/in 3 years involving CMOTOR VEHICLE
43. CDL: Operate CMOTOR VEHICLE with BAC .04 or more
44. CDL: Operate CMOTOR VEHICLE with BAC .04 or more, Second Offense
45. Court order as part of suspended sentence
46. Conviction/Circumstance of any of above that NCDMOTOR VEHICLE learns about.
47. DMOTOR VEHICLE determination that Driver is physically/medically unfit to drive
48. Driving a motor vehicle determination that Driver is mentally incompetent
49. Underage purchase of Alcohol
50. Providing alcohol to underage person
51. Use of vehicle in commission of felony
52. Failure to stop and provide aid
53. Perjury or false statement to DMOTOR VEHICLE
54. Second conv. of open container
55. Conv. one charge of aggressive reckless driving
56. Reckless Driving while engaged in illegal transport of intoxicants for purpose of sale
57. False/Fict. Name on Drivers License application
58. Driving school bus after consuming alcohol
60. Second conviction of larceny of gas
61. Failure to complete community service
62. Malicious use of incendiary device to damage prop.
63. Making False bomb threat
64. Poss. Explosive dev. On school prop.
65. Aid and Abet minor to poss. Explosive device on school prop.
66. Allow another to fraudulent use DL
67. DWI on military base or federal lands
68. Speeding over 80 in a 70 mph zone
69. DMOTOR VEHICLE shall not issue a license to a person previously adjudged "insane or an idiot, imbecile, or feebleminded" NCGS § 20-9(d)
70. Drive Moped with over 49 CC while Lic. Rev. (this has to do with the size of the engine)
71. DWI while riding a bicycle or lawn mower
72. Three moving violations within one year
73. Four moving violations within one year
74. Willful and intentional failure to comply with the provisions of G.S. 20-79.2 governing transporter plates.