➢ Do I need a lawyer?
○ In most cases, getting charged with an underage drinking ticket could result in fines, probation, loss of license and possibly jail time. Additionally, the offender can be held responsible for anyone under the age of 21 they have given alcohol to. For many the real damage is the effect a charge has on one’s reputation in terms of school applications, rental housing rejections and most importantly for background checks as part of the employment process.
➢ How can we help?
○ You may be eligible for a deferral program that would lead to a dismissal and then an expungement as long as you have no previous criminal convictions, have never participated in a deferral program, and have been charged with one of the following charges: misdemeanor possession of alcohol under the age of 21, possession of false identification, aiding and abetting underage possession of alcohol or selling alcohol or tobacco to minors.
○ A lawyer could help to get the charges reduced or dismissed. You may have to perform community service or take alcohol classes in order to secure a dismissal
○ Finally, a lawyer can help to get the charges removed by way of the expungement process. Even if the case is dismissed a record remains visible to the public forever unless it’s expunged.
- Wake County Underage Drinking Lawyer
Contact The Law Offices of Wiley Nickel for a free consultation. We will walk you through the process and explain your options. Our office is in Cary, North Carolina and we can be reached at 919-585-1486.